Short-Term (occasional) Nannies
Our families love our short-term service because they find our nannies to be more reliable, mature, and trustworthy than the average babysitter. With our service, you can request the same professional each time you need a caregiver so that your children can enjoy the comforting presence of a familiar face when you can’t be there.
Our short-term nannies are ideal for families who need an occasional sitter, intermittent aftercare, or before-care (perfect for working families who need a caregiver for those early morning shifts or commutes). Our short-term caregivers are also great for parents who need reliable, trusted care while they enjoy a much-deserved weekend holiday without their children. Because we respond to nanny requests every day from 6 am to 10 pm, our service is highly useful in an emergency childcare situation. Our short-term service is also well-suited to those who employ long-term nannies: when your regular nanny is ill or on vacation, we can help you fill the gaps in her schedule with one of our available short-term caregivers.
Want to try out our service first?Not yet sure how often you’ll need it? No problem! You can call us at any time during our normal referral-service hours and we will match you with an available caregiver. Please note, our short-term nannies generally only accept assignments lasting at least four hours.
Nanny Loft nannies are paid directly at the time of service. Please discuss the rate of pay with your assigned nanny at the time of introduction and confirmation of services. The average rate for nannies varies between $15 to $20 per hour, depending on experience and expertise.
Our short-term nannies are vetted through the same thorough screening process as our long-term nannies. Every nanny with the Nanny Loft goes through a rigorous interview process as well as comprehensive background and reference checks.
The Nanny Loft candidates are thoroughly screened to meet your needs and are qualified to provide:
- Consistent and appropriate supervision ensuring your children’s safety
- Tending to your children’s basic physical needs, including feeding, bathing, dressing, and assisting with toileting
- Developmentally appropriate mental and physical stimulation, such as playing games and engaging in active pursuits with your children
- Assisting as needed with your children’s chores and homework
- Meal preparation
- Management of your children’s schedules and/or providing transportation to and from activities
- Light cleaning duties* as expected to clean up after your children (engaging their participation, when appropriate) and keep common living areas neat. *Our nannies do not provide housekeeping services.
Need a more permanent childcare provider for your family? Visit our Long-Term Nannies page for information on our flagship nanny-referral service.